New Hire Action Items
All newly hired University of Denver faculty and staff members, including student employees, must complete the required new hire action items either prior to or on their first day of work. Most of these action items, including the W-4 Withholding Allowance Form and Part 1 of the I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification Form, can be completed online via MyDU.
Assistance with completing Part 2 of the I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification Form, along with any remaining new hire action items, will be provided on your first day as part of the Thriving at DU: New Hire Orientation program. Unless it was submitted and approved beforehand, all new employees must bring appropriate documentation for completing Part 2 of Form I-9 on their first day of work. Please see the section below for further details.
Log in to MyDU and start completing your new hire action items today!Access MyDU
I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification Form
Every faculty and staff member hired by DU, including student employees, is required to complete an I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification Form either prior to or on their first day of work. The process of completing this action item is broken into two parts. Part 1 of the I-9 process can be completed online via MyDU. Part 2 involves the submission of appropriate verification documentation, and can be completed on your first day of work during the Thriving at DU: New Hire Orientation program. It can also be completed either prior to or on your first day of work at the HR Shared Services Center.
I-9 Documentation Requirements
- All identification documents must be unexpired.
- All documentation must be in its original form (no photocopies).
- Either one document from List A or one document from List B and one document from List C are considered acceptable I-9 documents.
Additional Action Items
- Confidentiality Agreement
- Patent Agreement
- Direct Deposit (optional — voided check not required)
- Critical Incident Notification and Emergency Contact Information
- Self-identification information (race and ethnicity, veterans status, disability status)
New employees should speak with their manager or the chair of their department regarding additional paperwork that may be required to access systems and resources at DU.