Late Registration Fees
Students who do not register prior to the first day of classes, with some exceptions, will be assessed a non-waivable late registration fee. This fee applies to all late first-time registrants, including new students and students who are only enrolled in continuous enrollment, research or independent study hours. It does not apply to registered students making schedule changes (add/drop).
Late Registration Fee Schedule
- $25 — First day of the quarter (regardless of the student's first day of class)
- $50 — Second through fifth day of the quarter (and first weekend of the quarter, if applicable)
- $100 — Sixth business day of the quarter and later
Days are calculated based on the term's academic calendar, not the class meeting days of specific courses. Tuition, fees and any other charges are due as specified on the billing statement. The maximum fee assessed for late registration in a given term is $100.
Late Registration Fee Exceptions
Students in the following programs or colleges are not assessed late registration fees. Visit your program or college website for specific policies:
- The Sturm College of Law (semester only)
- Graduate Tax Program
- Executive and Outreach programs through the Daniel College of Business
- University College
Visiting and non-degree special status students must often wait until the first week of a term to be granted approval to take courses; therefore, these students are not assessed late registration charges.
Late registration fees do not apply to summer session and interterm registration.