For recent graduates, we provide information on shipping your diploma, as well as how to address holds that might be keeping your diploma from shipping. You can also find name requirements and instructions for ordering a replacement diploma.
Name on Diploma
The student name listed on a diploma or certificate must match the official name on file at the University (first name, middle name, last name), with the following exceptions:
- option of first name or initial;
- option of diminutive or alternate form for the first name;
- option of a first name which conforms with the graduate's genuine expression of gender identity;
- omission of the first name when the middle name is used as a salutary name;
- option of middle name or initial;
- omission of the middle name;
- inclusion of former or maiden name(s);
- inclusion of proper capitalization and accentuation of name; and,
- inclusion of Hispanic maternal surnames.
Neither titles nor degrees previously earned will be included as part of a graduate's name on a diploma.
Information for Recent Graduates
Diplomas are issued four times a year; normally 7-8 weeks after the term ends, and after all holds are cleared. Diplomas are sent first-class mail via the United States Postal Service (USPS). Graduates may request Worldwide Express Service shipping, either domestically or internationally, via United Parcel Service (UPS) for an additional fee. Worldwide Express Service shipping via UPS includes tracking. Diplomas sent via UPS typically arrive within one to three days from the date the diploma was shipped. Graduates requesting shipping via UPS must complete this Diploma UPS Worldwide Express Shipping Request (PDF) and submit payment. The University will accept check or money order if you pay by mail, or cash, check or money order if you pay in person.
Graduates with holds (obligations to the University of Denver which must be cleared before the diploma will be released) will be notified of their hold(s) via email before we attempt to mail diplomas. Graduates may also check for holds on their student account via MyDU. Once holds have been cleared, the graduate should notify firstname.lastname@example.org to have the diploma mailed.
Ordering a Replacement Diploma
The following Online Diploma Service is available through our official diploma vendor, the Michael Sutter Company.
- Order a replacement diploma – Order your diploma easily online. You will be able to choose Standard Delivery or Express Overnight Delivery. There is a $50.00 charge for your diploma replacement. Your Diploma will be printed and mailed within 1-2 days of your order.
- Order an Official eDiploma – Your DU eDiploma is a Signed and Certified PDF of your original paper diploma used for easy diploma verification purposes. The DU eDiploma is a one-time charge of $5. You will receive your eDiploma within minutes of ordering. You can then share your eDiploma as often as you need.
- Diploma Status – Search the status of your diploma order whether it is your new diploma or replacement diploma.