Transfer & Study Abroad Credits

For incoming first-year or transfer students, please note that your official transcripts should be sent to Undergraduate Admissions, and then Undergraduate Admissions will send you an initial credit evaluation, which will tell you what courses will automatically transfer for credit at DU.

If you have questions, contact Undergraduate Admissions by phone: 303-871-2036 or email:

For students that have already started/taken courses at DU, please note that we require official transcripts to be sent to the Office of the Registrar. For detailed information on how courses might count for credit at DU, please see our Course Equivalencies & Approvals page.

If you have further questions, please email or call 303-871-4095.

Understand Credit Transfers

Undergraduate Transfer Policy

Learn the basics on how we handle undergraduate transfer credits.

Learn More

Course Equivalencies & Approvals

Find information on how to determine equivalencies between different courses.

Learn More

Transcript Acceptance Policy

Explore the criteria for providing transcripts from other colleges & universities.

Learn More

To Our Study Abroad Students:

The Office of the Registrar is responsible for applying coursework and credit hours from abroad programs to a student's academic record. If you're interested in studying abroad or are currently abroad, the Office of International Education (303-871-4912 or can provide you with any information or advising you may need.

If you've returned from a program and your abroad coursework is not counting toward the correct requirements, please contact the study abroad coordinator (303-871-4095 or in the Office of the Registrar for more information.

Additionally, the Grading and Translation Scale from our study abroad programs can be found here.

Visit the Office of International Education

Guide for Community College Students

We work closely with the Colorado Community College System (CCCS) to offer seamless transfer opportunities.

Learn More