Welcome to the University of Denver community! We are happy to have you on board. To help you prepare for your first days at DU, expand the items in the list below for an overview of what to expect. Please keep in mind that each unit on campus may have additional requirements and practices.
Before Arriving on Campus
- Speak with your manager to confirm your start date and orientation date, where to go, what to bring, and what to expect for your first day and week.
- Complete the required action items in MyDU, such as your W-4, I-9, and direct deposit form.
- Review the Campus Checklist; it includes office hours and locations for completing Form I-9, picking up your ID Card, and completing a COVID test.
- Review the Protocols for Returning to Campus: Summer & Fall Terms on DU's COVID webpage. You can also view the New Hire Protocol.
- Benefited employees, review your benefits and the enrollment process.
- Locate where to go on your first day using the campus map.
- Review parking pass options, if applicable.
- Gather documentation required to complete Form I-9.
Your First Day
- New Hire Orientation, usually held on your first day, will provide an overview of DU's leadership team and organizational structure, the Departments of HRIC and University Financial Services, as well as the University's mission, vision, and values. It will also introduce systems such as MyDU and Pioneer@Work, along with required compliance training and additional resources. Benefited employees will also attend a benefits presentation.
- Our Employment Services team manages the form I-9 process. They will be present to assist at each orientation session from 8:00 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. Additional hours include:
- 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Monday– Friday
- To schedule an appointment outside of these times email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Login to MyDU. Your initial login information is your DU ID number (found on your DU ID card) and your date of birth in the eight-digit (MMDDYYYY) format. While you are logged in, you can take care of the following action items:
Your First Week and Beyond
- Contact the Office of Admissions & Aid to sign-up for a campus tour.
- Complete the New Employee Checklist to ensure you're set up for success.
- Complete all required training in Pioneer@Work.
- Review your job description, responsibilities, and expectations with your manager.
- Review unit, division, and University policies and procedures.
- Discuss the performance review process with your manager.
- Enter your job goals and objectives into the online performance management system within six weeks (staff only).
- Return completed benefit enrollment forms to Shared Services within 30 days of your hire date.
- Complete all required job training.
DU occasionally hires adjunct faculty members to fill particular needs. Each division, college, and school within the University has its own unique culture, so specific requirements for adjunct faculty members will vary. If you are a newly hired adjunct faculty member, the department chair or program director of the division, college, or school where you will be teaching is the person you should ask if you have any questions about University policies, curriculum, course content, etc.