Use the Course Proposal/Change Form (Word) to define new courses and update existing courses.
To complete the form:
- Review our course and schedule definitions for specific information about subject codes, course numbers, titles and more.
- Write course descriptions in present-tense phrases.
- Do not refer to students as "you" in course descriptions; students are not the sole audience for course descriptions. Course descriptions are often referred to by many different institutions outside the University.
- Course numbers cannot be changed – the original number is deactivated and the new number should be submitted as a brand new course. The old number needs to be entered in the equivalent course(s) area of the form.
- Explain any changes in field No. 7 on the form to ensure the changes are applied accurately.