Engagement & Recognition
What Is Engagement?
- Quantum Workplace: Employee engagement is the strength of the mental and emotional connection employees feel toward their places of work.
- Gallup: Engaged employees are involved in, enthusiastic about, and committed to their work and workplace.
- Willis Towers Watson: Engagement is employees' willingness and ability to contribute to company success.
- Aon Hewitt: Employee engagement is the level of an employee's psychological investment in their organization.
DU Employee Engagement Survey
As part of DU IMPACT 2025, the University is committed to being an exemplary employer through strengthening faculty and staff engagement. This employee engagement survey is one of several information-gathering methods meant to help leaders and teams think holistically about their strengths and challenges. Survey results can be viewed here. Follow-up surveys will be held in the future.
Diversity and Inclusive Excellence
We at the University of Denver embrace and celebrate Diversity and Inclusive Excellence.
Inclusive Excellence (IE) is the recognition that a community or institution's success is dependent on how well it values, engages, and includes the rich diversity of students, staff, faculty, administrators, and alumni constituents. More than a short-term project or single office initiative, this comprehensive approach requires a fundamental transformation of the institution by embedding and practicing IE in every effort, aspect, and level of a college or university. The goal is to make IE a habit that is implemented and practiced consistently throughout the institution.
We have a three-pronged model focusing on the staff, faculty, and student experiences. Supporting this work are the following divisions:
- Human Resources & Inclusive Community (Staff)
- Office of Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion (Faculty)
- Campus Life & Inclusive Excellence (Student)
Human Resources & Inclusive Community recruits and retains a highly-skilled, diverse population of faculty and staff at the University of Denver.
Heritage Month Initiative
Announcing our new Celebrating Heritage Months website! Please take a moment to look at the site where you will see:
- Our mission statement
- The current month's celebrated communities
- Upcoming programs and events that you can attend and promote
- Current and past articles highlighting our community members
- Your opportunity to propose a program or highlight a DU community member
These initiatives are only successful to the extent that members of our community participate. Please consider nominating a member of our community or proposing a program idea!